Maryland Attorney Helps Workers’ Compensation Claimants Get the Benefits They Need
Skilled Rockville counselor seeks recovery for people hurt on the job
People who become injured at work often face challenges that require assistance from a knowledgeable counselor. No one wants to stand alone in an action involving their employer. At Beiser Law Firm, I have over 28 years of experience guiding clients through the workers’ compensation process so that they can recover payments for medical costs and lost wages. Through effective advocacy, I can ensure that your rights are protected and that your claim addresses the full amount that you are entitled to under the law.
Knowledgeable counsel on workers’ compensation eligibility and procedure
Starting with your free initial consultation, Beiser Law Firm can help you with each aspect of your workers’ compensation case, from start to finish, including:
- Establishing a workplace injury — Employers and their insurers sometimes allege that injuries or occupational illnesses do not relate to your work. I gather the relevant medical and factual evidence to support your claim.
- Filing requirements — To ensure your claim is handled correctly, you need to notify your employer as quickly as possible of your work-related illness or injury and file a claim with the Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission. I can help ensure that your forms and medical releases are filed promptly and correctly.
- Payment for medical costs and lost wages — Your employer’s workers’ comp insurer will usually cover all medical costs related to your injury, but Beiser Law Firm provides diligent advocacy if your condition or adherence to medical directions is being challenged. Depending on whether your disability is partial or total, you can collect a portion of the wages you miss due to your injury.
- Death benefits — If a relative of yours tragically died due to a work accident, death benefits might also be available.
No matter what type of medical condition you have or what kind of work you do, I can bring the strongest possible case on your behalf.
Dedicated lawyer advocating for all types of relief for job injuries
Beiser Law Firm will help you pursue the appropriate type of workers’ compensation benefits, which include:
- Temporary total disability — You are eligible for these benefits when you are completely unable to work for a period of time.
- Temporary partial disability — If you are able to do some work during your recovery, you can collect medical costs and a portion of the reduction in your wages.
- Permanent total disability — Should your permanent injury be severe enough to prevent you from ever working again, you can receive this benefit.
- Permanent partial disability — When your condition has reached maximum medical improvement and you have a permanent impairment but one that allows you to work, you are eligible for this type of benefit.
Workers’ compensation is a state-mandated no-fault insurance program that most employers must participate in, so if you are injured on the job and eligible for workers’ comp, I will explain how the law applies to your situation and help you get the benefits you need.
Contact a Rockville workers’ compensation lawyer for a free initial consultation
Beiser Law Firm represents clients in Maryland and Washington, D.C. in workers’ compensation and other injury litigation. Please call 301-298-1088, contact me online or email me directly at [email protected] for a free initial consultation at my Rockville office.